Friday, October 12, 2012

pancake fruit muffins

The hardest part for me is not eating bread products!  I have searched and searched for anything that is dairy and soy free...so sad that I cannot find anything to satisfy my cravings.  I know if I take a trip to Whole Foods I may be in luck but I am home and need something now!!!

I searched my cabinets and my husband noticed that Log Cabin Pancake mix does not have dairy or soy...YAY.  I used almond milk instead of the called for 2/3 cups of cows milk and threw it in some muffin cups with strawberries on the top.  Baked it on 350 degrees for 20 minutes and now I have a yummy treat for myself and the big boy in my life Gavin Alan (he is also dairy sensitive).  Other things to top with are bananas and walnuts.  I would really like to include some chocolate chips but I am still searching for ones without dairy or soy ;)  I'll keep you posted!!!



2 comments:

  1. Carob chips are good. Cherrybrook Kitchens has dairy, egg, gluten free cookie and cake mixes. They definitely have a chocolate chip cookie mix.

    ReplyDelete